Reckless Texas Trucker Arrested
On May 28, 2023, a truck driver from Lubbock, Texas was arrested after reports came in that he was driving recklessly and running vehicles off the road in Wayne County. William Eustace was charged with speeding, reckless driving, and fleeing or evading police.
The incident began when a witness reported seeing a semi truck driving erratically and forcing other cars off the road on Highway 90. Wayne County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to the scene and attempted to pull Eustace over, but he refused to stop and led them on a four-mile chase. Eustace finally pulled over near the Pulaski County line, but refused to exit the vehicle. Officers had to use force to remove him from the truck.
Eustace was taken into custody and lodged in the Wayne County Detention Center. He is currently being held without bond.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing. Authorities are still trying to determine why Eustace was driving recklessly and what caused him to flee from police.
This incident is a reminder of the dangers of reckless driving. When drivers operate their vehicles in a reckless manner, they put themselves and others at risk. It is important to be aware of your surroundings and to drive safely. If you see a driver who is driving recklessly, report it to the police.
Here are some tips for driving safely:
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Don’t drive while impaired.
- Don’t text or talk on the phone while driving.
- Be patient and courteous to other drivers.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent Texas truck accidents and make the roads safer for everyone.
When You Encounter A Reckless Driver
Truck Law suggests that you consider these steps if you encounter a reckless driver while driving:
- Stay calm. It can be difficult to stay calm when you’re faced with a reckless driver, but it’s important to do so. If you get angry or agitated, you’re more likely to make a mistake that could lead to an accident.
- Identify the reckless driver. Try to get a good look at the reckless driver’s vehicle, including the license plate number. This information will be helpful if you need to report the driver to the police.
- Change lanes or pull over. If you can, change lanes or pull over to the side of the road to avoid the reckless driver. This will give you some distance between you and the driver, which will make it safer.
- Report the reckless driver to the police. If you feel safe doing so, you can report the reckless driver to the police. Give them the license plate number and a description of the vehicle.
- Be a witness. If you see a reckless driver cause an accident, be prepared to be a witness. Give the police your account of what happened.
By following these steps, you can help to keep yourself and others safe on the road.
Here are some additional tips for dealing with reckless drivers:
- Don’t engage with the driver. Don’t honk your horn, make eye contact, or gesture at the driver. This could escalate the situation.
- Don’t follow the driver. If you can, change lanes or pull over to avoid following the driver.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to other drivers on the road and be prepared to take evasive action if necessary.
If you are involved in an accident with a reckless driver, seek medical attention immediately. Then, contact the police and file a report.